Iowa Personal Injury and
Workers' Compensation Attorneys
The lawyers of Gilloon, Wright & Hamel, P.C. practice law in the areas of personal injury and workers’ compensation. We handle cases all over the state of Iowa including but not limited to the following areas and communities:
- Eastern Iowa: Dubuque, Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Davenport, and Bettendorf.
- Northern Iowa: Decorah, Charles City, and Mason City.
- Southern Iowa: Muscatine, Burlington, Mount Pleasant, and Ottumwa.
- Central Iowa: Fort Dodge, Ames, Marshalltown, and Des Moines.
Gilloon, Wright & Hamel, P.C. also has attorneys licensed to practice law in Illinois and Wisconsin.Our Approach
Our Iowa workers' compensation lawyers handle a range of small, medium, and large cases. However, our approach is the same for every case.
We know that it can be very stressful for our clients to be injured, and they have many questions. There can be bills, missed work, worries about the future, and the strain of dealing with the unfamiliar nature of the claims or litigation process. Therefore, we make it a priority to be available to either answer their questions immediately or promptly return their calls.
The legal system has many time deadlines and other requirements. Our experienced attorneys review each case to identify and comply with all applicable deadlines such as serving or filing:
- Pre-petition notices of injury in workers’ compensation cases.
- Dramshop claim notices.
- Notices to insurance carriers of potential claims for uninsured motorist coverage or underinsured motorist coverages.
- Petitions for civil suits or workers’ compensation claims.
We know that each case is unique. Therefore, our approach is to thoroughly investigate and research the facts and applicable law of each case. Our Iowa workers' compensation attorneys also take whatever steps are necessary to effectively present the case at trial such as deposing key witnesses, preserving important exhibits, and obtaining qualified experts.
Our objective is to prepare a winning liability case, and to also make sure that our clients are properly compensated for each type of damages to which they are entitled.
As we work on each case we always try to avoid or minimize any delays. Our goal is to prepare each case for presentation as quickly as possible, and keep it moving forward towards resolution at trial or through a negotiated settlement.
Our attorneys have over 90 years of combined legal experience and share this knowledge with each other. Our approach is to have one attorney primarily responsible for each case. However, all of our attorneys consult on each case and offer advice and ideas.
We handle a wide range of personal injury cases including:
- Auto accidents of all types.
- Truck related accidents.
- Workplace accidents.
- Dog bites and other animal attacks.
- Unsafe property conditions including slip and fall accidents.
- Intoxicated drivers and violations of the Dramshop statute.
- Boating accidents.
- Injuries to minors and children.
- Railroad accidents.
- Fire and burn injuries.
- Brain injuries.
- Wrongful death.
We handle almost every type of workers’ compensation case including those based on:
- Shoulder injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Neck injuries.
- Head injuries.
- Hip injuries.
- Heart attacks.
- Occupational diseases.
- Old work injuries that are getting worse.
- Work aggravations to pre-existing conditions.
- Scheduled injuries of all types, including injuries to the arms, elbows, hands, legs, knees, and feet.
If you would like to talk to one of our Iowa workers' compensation lawyers about your personal injury or workers’ compensation case there is no charge or obligation unless or until we agree to a written attorney-client contract.
We can come to you to discuss your case and answer your questions. We are also available to discuss your case by phone or at our office.
Call or email us now, and we would be happy to talk to you about your case and answer your questions without charge or obligation.