Fire and Burn Injuries
The lawyers of Gilloon, Wright & Hamel, P.C. practice personal injury law involving fire and burn injuries all over the State of Iowa. Call or email us now and one of our experienced attorneys would be happy to answer any questions you have and talk about helping you with your Iowa fire or burn injury case.CAUSES OF FIRE AND BURN INJURIESFire and burn-related injuries can be caused in a wide variety of situations, including:
- The unsafe use or storage of gasoline or other flammable liquids.
- Hot tap water.
- Defective products, or misuse of items such as space heaters, stoves, and barbeques.
- Chemical burns at home or at work.
- Smoke inhalation.
- Failure to have proper smoke and fire alarm systems.
- Faulty wiring.
- Electrocution burns.
- Failure to comply with fire codes.
- Motor vehicle accidents.
- Industrial fuel explosions.
Burn injuries can arise in a wide variety of situations, and the cause and responsibility for the injury is not always clear. Therefore, it is important to preserve evidence, and bring in a qualified expert as soon as possible to investigate and determine the cause of the injuries.BURN DAMAGES
A severely burned person will face many challenges:
- The burn injuries themselves and the treatment are extremely painful and can result in substantial physical and mental pain and suffering.
- Burn injuries can result in permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Burn injuries can result in substantial functional impairment, and there can also be serious lingering mental affects.
- The cost of treating burn injuries is very expensive.
- Depending on the nature of the burn injury and its long term effects on a person, it can cause a large loss of past earnings, and a large loss of future earning capacity.
- A severe burn injury can also result in the need for expensive long term medical care.
In a severe burn case it is also important to have qualified experts to analyze the facts and provide opinions on issues such as reduction in the lifetime earnings of an injured party, and the cost of long term future medical care.QUESTIONS
Call or email us now, and our lawyers will be happy to talk to you about your Iowa fire or burn injury case, and answer your questions without charge or obligation.