Injuries to Minors and Children

The lawyers of Gilloon, Wright & Hamel, P.C. practice personal injury law involving injuries to minors and children all over the State of Iowa. Call or email us now and one of our experienced attorneys would be happy to answer any questions you have and talk about helping you with your case.

Because of their inexperience, children and teenagers are at a higher risk for many injuries, including those arising from:

  • Automobile accidents caused by riding with their friends who are inexperienced drivers.

  • Bicycle riding.

  • Burn injuries from fires or scalding water.

  • Swimming and boating related accidents.

  • Playing with fireworks or other explosives.

  • Not realizing the dangers associated with railroad tracks.

  • Being injured while crossing the street.

  • Playing in unsafe places.

  • Traumatic brain injury from a wide variety of causes.

In addition to physical injuries, children can have serious psychological problems as a result of a traumatic accident.

In cases of serious injury both the child and the family may have to make major changes in their lives. In serious injury cases it is important to hire qualified experts to assess the lifelong care that the child will need. A qualified expert can also help prove and explain the high cost of such long-term care.

Under Iowa law persons under the age of 18 are not legally permitted to bring a claim or file a lawsuit on their own, and they need the assistance of their parent or guardian.

If you are the parent or guardian of an injured child, call or email us now, and our lawyers would be happy to talk to you about your child's injury case, and answer your questions about charge or obligation.