Our law firm represents injured people in workers’ compensation cases and civil personal injury cases all over the state of Iowa.
Set out below is a list of some of the primary topics in workers compensation and personal injury law. This is only the tip of the iceberg of the complex legal issues that our lawyers deal with continually. Our lawyers are constantly researching and analyzing the law to figure out the best approach for our clients.
In addition to knowing the law, our lawyers have a great deal of experience in figuring out who are the best expert witnesses to use in different types of cases. This gives our clients a tremendous advantage in litigation.
Our lawyers work very hard to get the best possible outcomes for our clients. Our philosophy is to prepare every case as if it is definitely going to be tried.
By thoroughly preparing our cases and obtaining quality expert witnesses, we are frequently able to obtain settlements that fairly compensate our clients for the injuries they have suffered.
If the defendants are not willing to pay the value of the case all of our prep work allows us to move forward easily and try the case to obtain a fair award.
Our lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience. There are very few problems or issues that we have not dealt with on behalf of our clients.
Our lawyers also have the ability to explain complex legal problems in an understandable way that allows our clients to make informed strategy decisions concerning their cases.
Being injured is always difficult. You have to deal with the pain, the physical limitations and the worries about the future. Our lawyers make the time to listen to your problems and answer your questions about how your case will be handled.
We provide free consultations in all workers’ compensation and personal injury cases. We handle work comp and personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis. This means that we do not get paid unless we can recover money for you. Our law firm advances all of the expenses of the litigation including expert witness fees. Please look over our website for more background on work comp and personal injury law. Please also be sure to email or call us if you have any questions about a workers’ compensation or personal injury case.
Our law firm also welcomes and accepts referrals of Iowa work comp cases from other lawyers. Iowa workers’ compensation law is very complex, and it is difficult for a lawyer to only handle an occasional work comp case. All of our referrals are handled in accordance with the requirements of Iowa Court Rule 32: 1.5. If you are a lawyer interested in referring a work comp case, please see here for more details on how we handle referrals.
Our law firm also provides mediation services. Art Gilloon of our law firm has been serving as a mediator since 2002. Art has over 30 years of experience in representing plaintiffs and defendants in workers’ compensation and personal injury cases. Art travels all over Iowa and Wisconsin to mediate cases. Art also handles a lot of mediations at our offices in Dubuque, Iowa. Our office is set up with a multiple conference rooms and space so that he can handle complex multi-party mediations. You can see more here about Art’s legal background and his mediation experience.
- Workers' Compensation
- 2017 Legislative Changes to Iowa Workers’ Compensation Law
- Overview of Iowa Workers' Compensation Law
- Time Limits in Iowa Workers' Compensation Cases
- How Does an Iowa Workers’ Compensation Claim Work?
- Medical Care and Benefits
- Light Duty Work
- Healing Period Benefits If You are Laid Off or Terminated
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Permanent Total Disability: What Happens If You Can Never Work Again After An Injury
- Cumulative Trauma and Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Rejected and Denied Claims
- CNA Injuries
- Truck Driving Injuries
- Trials in Iowa Work Comp Cases
- Work Comp Cases that also Involve a Personal Injury Claim
- Bankruptcy by the Employer or the Insurance Carrier
- Benefits of Hiring our Lawyers
- Workers’ Compensation Blog
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accident
- Truck Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Dog Bites - Animal Attacks
- Unsafe Property Conditions - Slip and Fall Accidents
- Intoxicated Drivers - Dram Shop Claims
- Boating Accidents
- Injuries to Minors and Children
- Expedited Civil Actions and Smaller Injury Cases
- Railroad Accidents
- Fire and Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Mediation Services
- Referral Services For Iowa Workers’ Compensation Cases